Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Thought I was gonna have to hurt her!

Waiting in line at the local farm, veggies in hand, 2 kids in tow.  I've got Granola Gwen in front of me and Magilla Gorilla behind me.  (referring to her MASSIVE biceps and bulging veins.  This lady does WAY too much working out)  I found myself between these two ladies and the irony was not lost on me.

You know those women w/ the nasally voice who insist on calling to their unruly children at full volume?!  "Phiiiiiillliiiip!  I'm leeeeeeeeeaviiiiiiiiing.  I'm gooooooooooiiiiiiiiiing.  Good-byyyyyyyyyyyyyye Phiiiiiiiiillllllliiiiiiiiip."  Over and over and over.  The rest of us are cringing and Phiiiiiiiiliiiiiiip is far away and couldn't care less.  It is obvious that he's used to this and it means nothing to him.  This lady was pulling out every child psychology trick in the book.  Ridiculous!  Go grab that brat by the arm and PUT HIS ASS in the car!  That will BE the day that I'm making a complete ass out of myself in a public place. (I prefer to do it privately, thank you very much.)

This kid was about 9 years old and when he hits 13, I can just hear it now..."All of a sudden he's not listening.  He just doesn't do what he's told.  I don't know what happened.  Must be the teen years."  UGH!  No, he's been ignoring you his whole life, now he's just bigger!  If you can't make them mind when they are small, what makes you think you will be able to do it when they are bigger.  My peanut gallery opinion is that if you don't set the ground work before they are 3 or 4, you're done.  toast.